Sunday, June 1, 2014

My landscapes from Colorado/ Tomorrow starts "Art Discourse"

 Took a landscape workshop from Gerald Brommer in Colorado, I had beach pictures for my references, so I did beach pictures. I had to come home and actually finish the pieces, we were to do 2 a day and had about 4 hours in which to do this.  Did not work for me.  Anyway the first is my favorite, but found it dull when I got home. I put a transferred fish on it to make it more interesting.  The idea was to do the same picture in bright light and night light.  Was not overwhelmed by this idea, but straight ahead.  I was the only person there using collage but others were interested.  I have a lot of ideas for more landscapes and am having a lot of fun with them. However, I am really bored with small paintings on paper and want to move onto large canvas.  Guess I can do both. 

A friend of mine wanted me to do a critique session downtown.  I finally agreed and we had a tentative meeting which was a lot of fun. Tomorrow is the first "official" meeting and we have 12 or 13 people total.  That is probably as many as we can do in the 2 and 1/2 hour format.  At any rate, should be a lot of fun and a lot of different art.

No comments:

Glamour/30’s style

We draw from old films on some Sundays,this is  From “The Man Who Knew Too Much”, Albert Hitchcock  we draw from old movies every other Sund...