Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Realized I have neglected posting, am going to get right again


 I started a critique group called "Art Discourse".  We had a great time.  We had about 12 artists with all kinds of art and art thoughts.  It was really rewarding to find a really good group and think we will all benefit from it. 

 
 THis piece is completely covered in collage.  Before I started painting at all I covered it all with various papers, etc.  I visited my daughter in Austin and she lives on a nature preserve, it inspired this painting.  It is on canvas 24 x 36",  am wanting to do canvas pieces all of the time, but size restrictions prevent it when I travel around.  Am thinking I will enter this in the Archway open show in July.

THis is a a quick sketch of Josianne from last week.  Like this one and will finish it.  I have been busy, but need to get back in the groove and post work.

No comments:

Glamour/30’s style

We draw from old films on some Sundays,this is  From “The Man Who Knew Too Much”, Albert Hitchcock  we draw from old movies every other Sund...